FREE on orders of $150 or more. Select the FREE option
Free Shipping is valid online only at forestplusoceanshop.ca on purchases of $150 or more in the same order. Eligible customers must select the “Free Shipping” option in the shopping bag to activate the free shipping. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not Giftcards, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. Offer is good for the order’s first “ship-to” address anywhere in Canada. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer is non-transferable and subject to change without notice.
Timeless as fire. This is our best selling ferro rod for a reason. Our Sånft-korr™ ferrocerium consistently outperforms the leading fire starters. And nothing feels better than natural wood.
• Trad 5/16″ (12,000 strikes), Pro 3/8″ (15,000 strikes), and Fatty 1/2″ (20,000 strikes).
• Molten spark showers at 5,500º F (3,000º C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even when wet), at any altitude from our Sånft-korr™ ferro.
• Premium 100% hardwood handle is handmade, and provides a natural textured grip.
• Includes fire rod, 6-function multi-tool scraper, and mil-spec 550 paracord lanyard.
• Length of Ferro Rod ( Approx. 2.5” to 2.75″ exposed)
• Weight: 1.7 oz. (Trad), 2.2 oz. (Pro), 3.1 oz. (Fatty)
• Size: Trad 5/16″
ÜBERLEBEN – BONNERS FERRY, IDAHO
We believe that less is more. We believe in quality over quantity. We believe in respecting tradition, while continually challenging it. And above all, we believe that fire is absolutely non-negotiable.
Überleben is German word meaning to survive — and/or, to live. While those words appear the same, they’re somewhat different. Fire is essential to survival. However, “survival” is not the reason we trek into the woods after work on a Wednesday afternoon. We’re doing this because something deep inside us is still whispering, “build fire or die”. Subconsciously, we’re not attempting to escape physical death — but psychological death. We long to live. Not merely survive. We’re chasing the experience, and we exist to share that experience with others.